The moment I landed I was greeted at Bangkok’s hectic airport by one of my own – a recovering addict.
Hope Rehab will always hold a special place in my heart. The property has a feel about it like no other. Its ocean views and beautiful native trees makes this place feel like a Garden of Eden in an Exotic paradise.
Why Hope is unique to other treatment centers around the world.
- You are treated equally, like an adult not a drug addict.
- You are away from the pressure of home in beautiful Thailand. No family pressure. There is no option but to look within and fix the issues inside us that ultimately lead us to addiction.
- You are shown trust by being allowed to leave the premises with another client to grab a coffee or ice cream. This is huge for a recovering addict because the trust is something you have not had for a long time.
- You are allowed coffee, cigarettes, phones and Laptops as Simon understands that kicking your main addiction is hard enough. And many of us have still got commitments like family and work going on that we cannot ignore completely.
You are encouraged to get out of your head and in to your body. Physical exercise is over looked with treatment centers around the world. It’s a vital part of long term recovery.
- Bootcamps and group exercise
- Cycling and running
- Yoga and Pilates
- Muay Thai Kick Boxing
- Soccer with a local Thai team every Saturday